This Spanish recipe for tostada with chocolate and salt satisfies my sweet tooth without being toooo sweet! It’s also seriously easy, and pretty speedy to whip up too. Great for late night snacks, but not good for diets of course.
- A couple of slices of toasted bread per person
- Some chocolate (as much as you like)
- Olive oil
- A pinch or two of chunky sea salt
- Pop a saucepan a third full of water onto a gentle boil. That’s just above simmering but not with the water bubbling too much
- Place a heatproof container on top and break the chocolate into pieces
- Heat it gently, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over your toast
- Once the chocolate is melted, spread it onto your toasted bread
- Sprinkle with a pinch or two of the chunky sea salt
- Enjoy whilst still warm!
Some recipes call for a gentle smattering of olive oil on top of the chocolate too, so you can try that if you like. I didn’t like the sound of it so I didn’t bother.
Cheat’s Tip: You can always melt the chocolate in the microwave too