The Spain Buddy Rosado Spritzer is probably what I drink the most of when at home. It’s refreshing and light, and forms a juicy halfway house between a white wine spritzer and tinto de verano.
As with all of the Spain Buddy recipes – this one is so very simple to make. Do not skimp on the quality of the rosado wine though – it makes all the difference.
It’s not as sweet as a white Zinfandel, although the Spain Buddy Tips at the end of this article may get you there. But it’s certainly refreshing and very light.
Let’s talk about the ingredients now.
Rosado. When choosing your rosado (outside of Spain this is called rosé, you can use any olf stuff… but as with any recipe… if you improve the quality, you’ll improve the flavour.
Gaseosa. This is a fizzy, lemony drink available in Spain. It’s a lot like lemonade but with much less sugar. You can use lemonade of course… those of you with a sweet tooth may prefer that. You can also use a lemon/lime fizzy drink too, such as Sprite. Personally I fund that TOO sweet… but it’s up to you.
Ice. I don’t have ice in my drinks, I prefer to have the base ingredients chilled instead, which is why the photo I’ve just taken shows in without ice. But it’s down to personal choice.
Garnish. I normally don’t bother, but a slice of lemon, a sprig of mint or a glacé cherry all work well. Not olives though – keep those in the tapas dish with some jamón to nibble on alongside.
Right – onto the recipe. There are no measurements here… just proportions. You can make a little tumbler like I did – or a bucket if that’s your thing.
Ingredients for the Spain Buddy Rosado Spritzer
- Rosado wine
- Decorative “stuff”
- Pour rosado into a glass over ice until it’s 2/3 to 3/4 full. It doesn’t matter which glass… highball, tumbler, wine glass… a blimmin’ mug or mop bucket if you like!
- Top up with the gaseosa until the glass is full
- Stir gently for a second or two if you have used ice-.
- Bung a sprig of mint in the top if that’s your thing, or add a straw
- Sip and enjoy. Don’t neck it – or you’ll only end up drinking lots more and falling over.
Spain Buddy tips
Although this rosado spritzer is lovely and refreshing on its own, there are a couple of additions that can take it to the next level. Try adding a drizzle of any (not all of them at once you booze fiends) of the following ingredients for an extra bit of oomph.
- Malibu or other coconut liqueur
- Amaretto or other almond liqueur
- Midori or other melon flavoured liqueur
- Cranberry, orange, pomegranate flavoured liqueurs
Have a wonderful summer everyone!