On Friday 4th December the Masons of Andalucía are organising ‘The Butterfly Children Christmas Ball’ in aid of DEBRA Spain at The Marbella Golf and Country Club with entertainment from the amazing Rat Pack.
To mark the start of the festive season the Masons of Andalucía are organising ‘The Butterfly Children Christmas Ball’ as part of their three year pledge to raise €60,000 for the children. The event will be held in the stunning Marbella Golf and Country Club on Friday 4th December at 7pm.
The guests will enjoy an appetising 3 course meal with unforgettable entertainment from the fantastic Rat Pack. Tickets €50 per person. All proceeds go towards the Butterfly Children.
If you would like to reserve a place call 695 165 064 or email email@example.com. Places are limited so please reserve places quickly.
About The Butterfly Children Charity (DEBRA Spain)
Founded in 1993, is a non profit-making organization formed to provide support and to improve the quality of life of those affected by Butterfly skin and their families in Spain. The charity works hard to provide the following:
- Emotional and medical support to families and carers, as well as social services professionals with information and guidance.
- Fully trained nurses who travel throughout Spain visiting families in their own homes.
- Information and advice on all aspects of the disease, coordinating with doctors and health services to ensure patients receive the correct treatment.
- Support for research programmes into a possible cure.
- Media campaigns to promote awareness and raise funds through numerous events and charity shops.
- A number of yearly national meetings to bring affected people together, as well as conferences for medics and other professionals.
- A link to DEBRA in all other countries. Member of DEBRA International
- Continuous work to obtain private and public grants.
About The Butterfly skin condition:
Butterfly Skin (Scientific name Epidermolysis Bullosa or EB) is an incurable, rare and terrible genetic condition that affects the skin. It causes the skin to endlessly blister, shear and scar. In severe cases it hurts to walk, eat and bathe.
The skin can be so sensitive that the body must be wrapped in gauze to protect it from the mildest friction. Even the brush of a bed sheet can cause another burn-like blister. Blistering also occurs internally (in the mouth, oesophagus, intestine, airways, urinary tracts and even the inside of the eyelids) leading to further suffering and serious health problems.
Butterfly skin also becomes a disability because people suffering from this condition require intensive daily care from their relatives. They also tend to lose the use of their hands and feet due to the extent of the blistering and the retraction of the skin in these areas. Life expectancy is unfortunately short; hence the majority of our members are children.
About the Masons
The Freemasons are the world’s oldest fraternal society. The members work hard to improve themselves as human beings as well as contributing to many worthy charitable causes. They do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, creed or social class and prohibit the discussion of religion and politics inside our meetings. Their centuries of continuing history is a testament to the important principles they hold to – and that remain even more important in today’s turbulent world: Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth…….Freemasons of Andalucía www.glpa.es