This Spanish tortilla bites recipe is one inspired by my recent travels to cities around Europe. Tortilla is probably one of Spain’s most popular tapas and this recipe is a very easy way to grab that Spanish flavour.
This particular recipe is perfect for this time of year when, in Spain at least, the temperatures are rocketing and you are craving something light and tasty.
You can see Donal creating this dish and the others featured on Spain Buddy today in video form HERE.
Ingredients (serves four)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 rooster potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 large free range eggs
- 75g roast red peppers from a jar, thinly sliced
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200˚c.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Fry the potatoes, onion and garlic until coated in the oil and season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl and season.
- When the potatoes are cooked, transfer them to the bowl with the eggs along with the roasted red peppers and some of the parsley. Toss to coat completely.
- Place the frying pan back on the heat and pour in the eggy potato mix. Cook until just set around the edges before finishing in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When cooked, remove and allow to cool before cutting into rough squares and serving with cocktail sticks.