Our addition this week to the Spanish Recipes series is made simple for us by Ferran Adriá, the former chef owner of El Bulli in Spain.
We hope that you are enjoying these recipes. If there is anything you would like to see us include… then drop us a line and we’ll see what we can do!
Ingredients (per person)
- 400 ml of good quality olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 fresh chilli (whole)
- 180g of prepared salt cod (soaked for at least 2 days in several changes of water), cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons of tinned mushrooms (I don’t like tinned mushrooms, so we used the normal white mushrooms form ths supermarket – you don’t want anything too strong that will drown the bacalao flavour)
- Gently heat the olive oil in a large pan… but only to about 70 degrees celsius
- Add the garlic clove and chilli and simmer for around a minute
- Add the cod and continue simmering for a few minutes until the cod is white and cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms and keep it gently cooking for another minute or two
- At this point, you can simply leave it all in the oil until you are ready to serve, and reheat gently… or drain it immediately and serve it now.
For more recipes by Ferran Adriá – we recommend buying “The Family Meal: Home Cooking with Ferran Adriá” by the man himself. The book is in English and a great addition to any kitchen. Click the links below to order yours.