This recipe is a little time consuming in preparation (because of the prawns, but if you can sort your prawns ahead of time, then it doesn’t take long to cook. Enjoy these prawn and chorizo nibbles.
- As many slices of chorizo as you fancy (sliced into 1/2 inch slices), and equal numbers of prawns (raw or cooked… doesn’t matter)
- Dollop or two of honey
- Drizzle of Balsamic vinegar
- A large cazuela
- Cocktail sticks
- Preheat your oven to medium/high
- The time consuming bit. Shell and de-vein all your prawns
- Thread a slice of chorizo and a prawn onto each cocktail stick
- You can pop these into the fridge at this point… if you would like to prepare it early.
- In a microwaveable bowl, pop your honey and Balsamic. The amount is entirely up to you… but probably about 4 parts honey to 1 part Balsamic
- Pop in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, just to melt the honey a little – enough to be able to stir the Balsamic into it
- Throw your prepared prawn/chorizo sticks into the cazuela and drizzle the Balsamic/honey mixture over the top. Don’t panic that it doesn’t all cover it at this point.
- Bang it in the oven.
- After 5 minutes, baste the nibbles with the juices which should be nicely melted now
- Keep basting every 5 minutes until the chorizo is nicely caramelised. It shouldn’t take long to cook… maybe 15 to 20 minutes or do.
- Serve with hunks of bread to mop up that sweet juice.
Tip: To save time – omit the cocktail sticks and just mix the prawns and chorizo well in the juices as they cook. This can also be done as a stove top recipe if you prefer.