If you are anything like me… you’ll always make a beeline for olives at a party. This Spanish recipe features these gems. Love ’em or hate ’em… this is really simple… and will be a hit with your guests.
- Bowlful of olives. Fresh are best… but out of a jar will work too
- 3 or four peeled and thinly sliced garlic cloves
- Couple of small chopped fresh chillies… or half a teaspoon of crushed dried chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- Good glug of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Grated rind of half a lemon
- If there are stones in your olives… just crush them slightly so that people can easily remove them
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
Yes it is that simple.
These are a real favourite of ours… and the ingredients are such that we usually have indoors too… so it’s a really fast and simple snack to whip up if guests drop by for a glass of Vino Collapso on a summery afternoon
Image courtesy of Flickr