This week’s Courgette salad recipe goes out with a dedication. It is for Sue Sharpe from Extremadura, who apparently has a glut of courgettes, and doesn’t know what to do with them all. Here you go Sue – let us know how you get on.
Serves 4 as a side salad – great for a barbecue!
- a couple of large courgettes
- I couple of diced tomatoes
For the dressing
- Juice and grated rind of 2 large oranges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced fresh ginger (ginger paste works well for this)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Half a dozen mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli – finely chopped (use seeds too if you like the heat)
- A teaspoon of runny honey
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together. I find that popping it all into a jam jar and shaking well does the trick
- The courgettes can be done in advance and drained in a colander with a bit of salt if you like – but if you make it to eat immediately, you can skip that step.
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice the courgettes lengthways.
- Pour the dressing over the courgettes and toss gently.
- Throw in the diced tomatoes
- Mix gently.
- Serve and enjoy!
Of course this recipe isn’t just for Sue… you can have a go too. Let us know how you get on.
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Spain Web Design by Gandy-Draper.
Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.