One or two visitors to our house have been
exposed to treated to a lethal cocktail called a Flirtini. Always one to play with ingredients, here are my Spanish Flirtinis.
Flirtinis originated from the hit television series, Sex and The City. The series tells the story of Carrie Bradshaw (and her friends Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha) as they shop, eat, drink and shag their way around New York.
At a party one night, Samantha gets the ladies drinking Flirtinis – a potent mix of vodka, pineapple juice and Champagne.
Not to be outdone – here is a version I make that is perfect for these hot summer evenings. But be warned – these cocktails are a lot more potent than you would think!
Keep the ratio but mix as much as you like.
- 50ml vodka
- 50ml Cava
- 100ml lemonade
- Glass full of ice
- Two or three slices of lemon or lime
The ratio should always be 1 part voddie to 1 part Cava to 2 parts lemonade- regardless of how much you make.
- Mix all liquid ingredients together
- Serve in tall glasses over lots of ice and the lemon or lime slices
- To save time, just pour each ingredient straight over the ice in turn (watch that the lemonade doesn’t froth over) and stir with a straw or swizzly stick thingummy.
Spain Buddy tips
- For an extra treat – mix in a dollop of lemon flavoured ice cream per serving. You can always make up larger measures and mix it all in a blender.
- I use fizzy lemon and lime rather than just lemonade – but then I love a lime kick!
- People keep telling me they’ll try this with gin instead of vodka, but as I can’t stand the stuff… I can’t vouch for the taste. Give it a go and let us know how you get on!
What are your favourite summer cocktails? Share your favourites in the comments below.
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Spain Web Design by Gandy-Draper.
Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.