The little jars of pickled sweet red peppers (pimientos del piquillo) that you get here in Spain are such a favourite of ours. I will eat them straight out of the jar, so they don’t last long in this house – but they are also great in cooking. Try them in a saltcod recipe HERE, or use them in salads… stuff them with flavoured rice or couscous… or make a stunning sauce as per the recipe below. Disfruta!
- A jar of pimientos del piquillo
- 1/2 onion, diced very finely
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- Tablespoon of flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- In a skillet or cazuela, sweat the peppers, onion and garlic in the olive oil
- Once cooked through (about 10-12 minutes), run it through a blender
Serve over meat or fish – lovely!
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Spain Web Design by Gandy-Draper.
Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.