There are a multitude of reasons to visit Spain – here are just fifty. Are your favourites included? If not, feel free to add them in the comments below.
1. Tapas – a little taste of everything
2. Making friends on the beach
3. Coffee – oh my, the coffee!
4. Amazing cathedrals like Sagrada Familia
5. Siesta is still practiced in much of Spain
6. Delicious fresh churros with dipping chocolate
7. Valencia – enough said
8. Sangria is almost compulsory
9. Coves with crystal clear waters
10. Jamón – there may be a thousand varieties
11. Spain has many naturist friendly beaches
12. Ferias and fiestas
13. Spanish guitar – the most romantic sound on the planet?
14. There’s no upper age limit on shots (chupitos)
15. Great wines at seriously low prices
16. Speaking of wine – there’s always time for a cheeky one
17. You can party until dawn
18. Get messy at La Tomatina
19. Or simply top up your tan
20. You can shop until you drop
21. Or just chew the fat
22. You can visit amazing museums like the Reina Sofia…
23. … and while we’re on the subject of art – you can see Picasso’s Guernica
24. Let’s not forget Señor Dali
25. You can spot rare wildlife
26. And drink more wine…
27. And eat more fabulous food
28. Like paella
29. and gazpacho
30. or gambas gabardina
31. Then work off the calories with some dancing
32. You can scale the heights of Caminito del Rey…
33. … or simply jump
34. Perhaps you just want to laze by the hotel pool
35. Or belt out some karaoke?
36. Go on a camel trek
37. or do a bodega tour
38. or a cookery course
39. Spain has everything for a traveller…
40. from the golden sand dunes of Gran Canaria…
41. … to the snow covered majesty of Sierra Nevada
42. And from the dramatic black vineyards of Lanzarote…
43. … to the lush green forests of Catalonia
44. From the bustle of Barcelona
45. To the tranquility of Menorca
46. From the reverie of a football match
47. to the party at a carnival
48. There is family fun
49. And solitude
50. And of course… many people’s favourite – the weather!
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Spain Web Design by Gandy-Draper.
Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.