Prawns with lemon and garlic butter are super simple to make and fabulous to eat! Prawns are amongst my favourite food, and if you add lemon, garlic and butter… I’m in heaven! There are shortcuts to be had, which I will add at the end… but it’s worth taking the extra time to do these properly and with the freshest ingredients
Prawns with lemon and garlic butter: Ingredients
- A good handful or two of fresh raw (or part cooked) prawns per person. Get the freshest you can, and then shell / de-vein them. Leave the tails on for presentation if you like.
- Half a clove of garlic per person, peeled and very very finely sliced (crush if you prefer). I use a whole clove, but I love my garlic – some may find it too overpowering
- Tablespoon or so of unsalted butter
- A squirt of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A pinch of paprika
Prawns with lemon and garlic butter: Method
- Sprinkle the raw prawns with the paprika
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and throw in the garlic
- Stir for 1 minute, but don’t let that garlic burn or it will be bitter
- Throw in the prawns and cook (turning once) for just a couple of minutes until they turn pink
- Remove the prawns and pop them onto a plate
- Turn the heat up on the pan which should still contain the butter and garlic, and squeeze in that lemon juice
- Cook for 30 – 45 seconds
- Drizzle it all over the prawn dish
- Bloomin’ yummy!
- Use frozen peeled prawns if you must… but remember that they will likely be full of water, so will need cooking for longer
- Don’t bother de-veining them, but only if you’re ok with eating shrimp poo!
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Spain Web Design by Gandy-Draper.
Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.