This Patatas bravas Recipe is another of our favourites. They are like mini roast potatoes, but come with two sauces for extra oomph. Enjoy!
Patatas Bravas Recipe
4 or 5 dollops of thick mayonaise
2 or 3 crushed garlic cloves
4 large ripe tomatoes
Sugar to taste
- First of all you want to prepare your potatoes. Cut them to about a quarter of the size of normal roasties… just bite sized.
- Prepare them as you normally would… parboiling and then roasting… or pop them into a deep fat fryer on a slightly lower heat than you’d use for chips… making sure they are coooked right through.
Sauce One – Garlic Mayo.
- Easy peasy – just crush a clove of garlic for 2 teaspoons of mayo, and stir well. A half teaspoon of ground almonds gives this a nice twist too.
Sauce Two – Spicy Tomato
You can do this one of two ways. Either stir in a good heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika and half a teaspoon of chili powder into about 250ml of ketchup… or…
- Remove the skins from your tomatoes (by plunging into boiling water for a few seconds)
- Chop finely
- Pop into a pan with a teaspoon of paprika and a teaspoon of chilli powder, stirring until a rich deep red colour and thickened
Serve the two sauces either squirted all over the potatoes, or in side dishes.
Just one thing – make plenty…. this is a VERY popular dish and you’ll find neighbours popping round as soon as they smell it!
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Spain Web Design by Gandy-Draper.
Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.