This Patatas bravas Recipe is another of our favourites. They are like mini roast potatoes, but come with two sauces for extra oomph. Enjoy!
4 or 5 dollops of thick mayonaise
2 or 3 crushed garlic cloves
4 large ripe tomatoes
Sugar to taste
- First of all you want to prepare your potatoes. Cut them to about a quarter of the size of normal roasties… just bite sized.
- Prepare them as you normally would… parboiling and then roasting… or pop them into a deep fat fryer on a slightly lower heat than you’d use for chips… making sure they are coooked right through.
Sauce One – Garlic Mayo.
- Easy peasy – just crush a clove of garlic for 2 teaspoons of mayo, and stir well. A half teaspoon of ground almonds gives this a nice twist too.
Sauce Two – Spicy Tomato
You can do this one of two ways. Either stir in a good heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika and half a teaspoon of chili powder into about 250ml of ketchup… or…
- Remove the skins from your tomatoes (by plunging into boiling water for a few seconds)
- Chop finely
- Pop into a pan with a teaspoon of paprika and a teaspoon of chilli powder, stirring until a rich deep red colour and thickened
Serve the two sauces either squirted all over the potatoes, or in side dishes.
Just one thing – make plenty…. this is a VERY popular dish and you’ll find neighbours popping round as soon as they smell it!