More than a simple prawn sandwich, these montaditos de gambas are tasty, healthy, and really REALLY easy to make! They are ideal for a quick lunch, as tapas, or as a starter for your dinner guests.
- 8 slices of bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 kilo of raw prawns, shells and veins removed
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves… chopped really finely, or crushed
- 1 chilli, chopped really finely (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- Small bunch of spring onions, very finely sliced… green parts an’ all.
- Olive oil
- Make sure you have removed the crusts from the bread. Cut each slice in half
- In a very hot frying pan, drizzle a good couple of healthy glugs of olive oil
- Throw in all ingredients except the paprika and bread and fry for a couple of minutes until the prawns turn pink, stirring well
- Now simply distribute the cooked mixture over your slices of bread
- Sprinkle the paprika over the top
- Serve immediately
- Oh, and if you still have bread left after you’ve demolished the prawns from on top… use it to mop up the olive oil from the pan. Yum!
If you like, you can toast the bread ever so slightly – this is especially beneficial if your bread is a bit flimsy
You can also use cooked prawns of course – whatever works for you!