Mojácar Rockabilly Weekend 2018 will be held in the coastal Almería town this weekend (April 27 to 29 2018), where there will be music and much more for everyone, but will be of special interest for avid followers of 50’s music and lifestyle.
This is the first edition of this special Mojácar event. With Pike Calvero as master of ceremonies introducing national and international acts, the highlight will be on the Saturday night, with performances by AJ & The Rockin’ Trio, Kick’em Jenny, Marcos Sendarrubias and Mario Cobo. Advance tickets for this event cost 25 € or 30 € on the door.
There is also a full programme of free activities, including performances by top rockabilly stars such as Al Dual (recently awarded Best Rockabilly Soloist at the prestigious 2018 Ameripolitan Music Awards) and Diego Cruz, both on the Friday from 10.00 p.m. The Radions and Saint Peter Square will also perform on Saturday from 2.00 p.m. onwards and, Sunday afternoon’s beach party will include a guitar show by Mario Cobo and Daniel Álvarez.
The Mojácar Rockabilly Weekend, following the success of last year’s Almeria’s Desert Wind Festival, is a musical event not to be missed which also includes a Flea Market where you can find 50’s clothes and accessories. Bars, terraces and restaurants will be open with dance classes by Al Swing and Al Cabo. The best DJs will also be there, including the classic sounds and skills of Juke Box Johnny, Zapata, Bob Hop and Rhythm Boy Dam.
Mojacar Rockabilly Weekend Programme
Friday April 27 2018
- 19.00h Welcome DJ session and dance classes with Swing, Rock and Roll featuring Al Swing and Al Cabo Venue: Plaza Frontón
- 22.00h to 24.00h Concert by Al Dual and Diego Cruz. Venue: Plaza Frontón
Saturday April 28 2018
- 14.00h to 18.00h Performances by Vermout, Saint Peter Square and The Radions, as well as entertainment with dances and a DJ session. Venue: Plaza Frontón
VENUE: CENTRO DE USOS MÚLTIPLES
- 21.00h Doors open for shopping and dance classes.
- 22.00h DJ session
- 22.30h Performance by KICK’EM JENNY
- 23.30h DJ session
- 00.00h Performance by MARIO COBO
- 01.00h DJ session
- 01.30h Performance by MARCOS SENDARRUBIAS
- 02.30h DJ session
- 03.00h Performance by AJ & THE ROCKIN’ TRIO
- 04.00h DJ session
Sunday April 29 2018
- 12.00h Assembly point for classic cars and motorcycles
Venue: Chiringuito Neptuno
- 13.00h Exhibition of cars and motorcycles Venue: Plaza Nueva
- 14.00h GUITAR SHOW featuring Mario Cobo and Daniel Álvarez. Venue: Chiringuito Neptuno
**** All the activities are free to enter except those on Saturday night / Sunday morning in the Centro de Usos Múltiples, where you will need tickets which are available at www.mojacarrockabillyweekend.com or on the door
**** Don’t miss the stands of clothing and bric a brac from the 1950´s which will be in the Plaza del Frontón on Friday and Saturday.