We’d like to introduce you to our friends Exclusive City Breaks for two reasons… Firstly, Phil and Christiane Burch are good people and actually our friends, thus worthy of an introduction on just that basis! Secondly, Exclusive City Breaks are sponsoring a competition we are going to be announcing on Thursday where you could win a 300€ hotel voucher that can be redeemed on any of the 300,000 plus hotels they can provide, anywhere in the world.
Now, lets get back to the title. You should know that we now use the company for all our hotel bookings (wish there were more), we have – put very simply – been convinced that trawling around on the Internet for hours on end trying to save a couple of Euros simply isn’t worth it; not when we have a personal guarantee that they will beat any price we can find. The last couple of years we have had a couple of incredible bargains.
Apart from Exclusive City Breaks sponsoring the upcoming competition and the owners being friends for many years, I’m going to tell you why you should re-think this whole wading through website thing and try this company.
- Personal fast service emails and phone calls are all handled with a sense of urgency
- They have access to details we normal folk will never see; you will save money
- They’re so sure they can save you money they guarantee to find you the best online price
- If paying from sterling you may find the exchange rates alone save you even more, especially at current rates
- Why waste hours of time searching (my time does have a value) when I know in a few minutes I’ll get what I want at the right price
- The relationship we have means they know pretty much what we base our choices on when travelling (when we’re together Elle likes the full five star treatment, when it’s just me travelling all I ask is that a hotel is clean and has a private bathroom)
- They constantly gather feedback from clients (including ourselves) as well as visit many of the properties themselves, so their recommendations are informed (we’re all familiar with fudged reviews on so many booking websites)
- They can also advise and supply flights, car hire, theme park tickets, and for almost anything else you’d need
- Their industry knowledge is bang up-to-date on destinations; your safety and security are a primary concern
- In the same vein, they’ll also have researched the area you are visiting and have informed advice on how to get the best out of a destination
I used to work and travel regularly with an IT company who had a travel agent embedded in the building. Using Exclusive City Breaks feels even better than that. Having Phil and the team on the other end of the phone feels to me like being able to call a PA who’s going to just sort all, part, or as much of my travel as I need. Hand on heart I’m totally happy to give Exclusive City Breaks my credit card and leave everything up to them.
Is this post gushing? Yes.
Is it biased? Possibly.
Is it totally and honestly based on my personal experience? Absobloodylutely!
It might seem like the old way to some, but it is the best way. Bear in mind I say this as someone who uses the internet to provide my living!
Sometimes you just don’t realise, or have forgotten the benefits of, a truly personal service. Try them, just once, you won’t regret it.
Don’t believe me? Here are the words of another friend of ours we introduced to them…
…The second thing is actually a bloke. A bloke who is a travel agent. A bloke who has momentarily changed my life and saved me a bucket full of money. Lisa Sadleir from familylifeinspain.com (click here for the full article)
Alan, along with Elle, is the owner of Spain Buddy. He was born in the North of England (Lancashire) and travelled extensively before eventually settling in Almería. Alan has 3 sons from the first of his 18 marriages, (Sam, Joe & Ben) who are all now adults. You can read more articles by Alan on his personal blog at AlanGandy.com and see more of his photography on his photography website as well as on Flickr and Instagram.
Also, for less than the price of a cup of coffee each month you can help support Alan’s photography (and get some freebies into the bargain). Click here to visit his Patreon page to find out more.