We would like to wish a very Happy Birthday Gladrags – to the super clothing store in Albox, Almería – which is responsible for at least half of Spain Buddy Elle’s wardrobe.
It’s been a busy few weeks for Gladrags owner Jenni Rock (although that particular workaholic wouldn’t have it any other way). Charity events, new season launches, birthday celebrations to plan – and more!
Happy birthday Gladrags: Mon Nov 5 from 3pm
Gladrags Boutique will be celebrating its 5th birthday party on Tuesday November 6 2018 from 3pm. It’s been a glorious five years – a journey that Spain Buddy’s Elle has been proud to be a part of. Jenni has shown what a great work ethic, superb customer service and an eye for fashion can accomplish. Here’s to another five Jenni!
Jenni would like to invite everyone to pop along for cakes and cava and to browse the new ranges on offer. These include some new ranges – but you’ll need to head along on the day to see what those are. Models will be around – demonstrating the outfits and to offer a helping hand whenever you need it.
Christmas launch party: Tues Nov 6 from 10am
As if one party wasn’t enough – there will be a Christmas launch party too. This one will incorporate not only the Gladrags boutique, but also the sister business – the Bangles & Bows gift shop.
What with all the new super outfits perfect for those upcoming Christmas events… winter woollies for the cooler temperatures and accessories to enhance any outfit, there will also be a huge range of gift ideas to choose from. Alongside traditional gifts and stocking fillers, there are some fabulous quirly pressies – ideal for all members of your family and your friends. We defy you to come out empty handed.
Get in there early though – these goodies go fast!!
Charity fashion show success
Gladrags was very proud to yet another successful fashion show to benefit the fabulous Walk4Life Arboleas charity. Sponsored by Smooth FM and Holmes for Holmes Almeria, the day raised a whopping €1160, helping to make lives of those with cancer (and their loved ones).
The event was held at Bar Kubatin in Arboleas and dedicated to Sue Spencer Stott who sadly passed away very recently. Sue was a familiar face to many of us and will be sadly missed.
Local businesses rallied round providing gifts for the raffle:
1. Personal training session – Ali Mallett
2. Gift from Shands Knitwear – Hilary Shand / Linda Hands
3. Reflexology session – Deb Mcandrew
4. Line Dance class – Carrie Ann Earl
5. Meal voucher – Chapman’s & Flaming steak & grill
6. Steak meal for two – La Vida
7. Four bottles of Pata Negra red wine – Lynne Sweet
8. Box of chocolate browines – Lisa Cruse
9. Two prizes – Cutting Edge Hair & Beauty – Bobbie Hair
10. 50€ Voucher – Calida Homes
11. Voucher – Sol Supermercados Albox S.L
12. One hour translation service – Anna Bedford
13. Hypnosis of choice – Fay Anthony
14. Facial acupuncture – Fay Anthony
15. 20€ Voucher – The Cake Boutique Tea room and Cake shop
16. Handmade candle and candle holder – Scentyment’s Andrea Lowe
17. 1 Year’s advertising banner (worth 200€) – Spain Buddy
18. Reiki session – Maxine Jorquera
19. Crystal bowl and candlestick
20. Voucher – Donna’s Hair and Beauty Salon
21. Cinema voucher – Total Entertainment, Albox
22. Case of rosado wine – Lisa Lias & Bobby Gray
23. Voucher – Scrumptious
People are already asking about the next one. Jenni has suggested that she may do one in the spring!! Watch this space for news on that.
Fashion Show photos courtesy of Lesley Miller (with kind permission from Jenni).
Outfits and accessories from Gladrags / Bangles and Bows.