The Flexispot Standing Desk has achieved what Alan has never been able to – shutting me up from moaning. Well, it’s stopped me from moaning about something at least: my neck and back pain.
For about a decade now, my neck and back pain has been an on-off issue. While painkillers can help ease my discomfort, my poor posture while I am working is an ongoing fault… which can make my life (and in turn, Alan’s because he has to listen to me whingeing) a regular problem.
It’s a “bit of a thing” in my family – we ladies through the Emerson/Finigan bloodline do have a tendency to slump and slouch when sitting. I remember being told by my Mum and Nanny from a very young age, “sit up straight, “stand up straight,” “straighten that back,” “push those shoulders back” and of course I never understood why, nor listened, nor did what I was told. Fast forward to my thirties and forties and all my slouching has finally taken its toll. Mum and Nanny were right (about that at least ha ha).
Emperor’s New Clothes?
For years now, I’ve read about standing desks and, to be honest, I rolled my eyes and assumed it was all a bit “Emperor’s New Clothes”. That all changed when my Flexispot Standing Desk arrived a couple of weeks ago. Just the simple act of setting the desk to the correct height and standing to work, rather than slouching, has reduced my painkiller use by more than half. Who knew?! I wish I’d got one years ago.
Being quite a tall lady, I wanted to be sure that the desk would be tall enough for my needs. Thankfully it was! It is really adjustable and my particular model has plenty of height to keep me comfortable. The adjustment is so easy to do that you could change it for use by several people of differing height throughout the day.
It’s probably very obvious to some, but standing rather than sitting seems to automatically push my shoulders back, my head up and my back straighter. It then keeps it there… unlike sitting in my silly little chair which seems to force my traditional slouch.
Oh and I can dance along better while standing, when I have my favourite tunes playing in the background. That in turn has provided an additional benefit that I certainly wasn’t expecting – I have stopped grinding my jaw when carrying out some heavy brain work.
Other pluses of the Flexispot Standing Desk
- The Flexispot Standing Desk comes in several colours and designs, ensuring that you can find something to match the decor of your office – or perhaps use as inspriation for a redesign. We opted for black… because that tends to match most things and with my office having white walls, a black desktop PC, black mic and speakers, black pen holder etc etc plus Alan’s dark dark soul, it matched beautifully.
- It doesn’t HAVE to be used as a standing desk. These desks are so adjustable, that you can lower it down and use it while sitting too.
- There are plenty of options and add-ons including cable organisers, under-desk drawers and colour combinations.
- Available in lots of countries! It is obviously available here in Spain, but also in plenty of other European countries including the UK, as well as America, Canada and Japan.
- They accept all major credit/debit cards and PayPal.
- Oh and it’s guaranteed for a whopping ten years too!
Downside/s of the desk
To be honest – I have only found one… and that in itself isn’t really a downside – more of a “plan ahead” note. Due to its solid and sturdy design, the Flexispot Standing Desk is very VERY heavy. So when you know it is being delivered, do please ensure that you have a strapping young person to help you move and move it.
Our delivery driver (Third Party) was happy to lket poor Alan carry it from two streets away (to be aifr, most van drivers fnd our street a tad narrow) but Alan insisted he drve to our front door. Then we waited until Alan’s strapping and strong eldest lad arrived to help lift it upstairs to the office.
Like I said, this isn’t really a downside – this desk is not made from balsa wood and a prayer… it’s a solid and hefty design which gives you strong hope that it will last for many many years.
Buy one in the Black Friday Sale!
Flexispot is running its Black Friday sale. It runs from the 25th to 28th November 2022 and includes some whopping discounts.
- Flexispot website (this link takes you to the Spain website, but you can click on the top right and find your own country and/or language)
- The Flexispot Standing Desk we have now got.
It has the following options selected:
Height – E7H (73-138cm)
Table size – 140x70cm
Table colour – Black
Legs colour – Black
- Flexispot does a load of other goodies too – have a look around the site and see what you like. I may or may not be pondering the bike!
Honestly… if you have been suffering with back and neck pain like me, then get one of these beauties – you’ll be so pleased you did!
Disclaimer: Spain Buddy was approached to receive a standing desk at no cost and asked to review it honestly. At no point were we asked to make it glowing, positive, nor biased – the views above are our own and we stand by them. We have no affiliation with Flexispot nor any potential training partners.
The photos on this article were taken from the Flexispot website – we would have used our own but unfoirtunately technical issues at our end stopped that.
Spain Buddy regularly reviews products and services for businesses either based in Spain or that supply to Spain. If you have something you would like us to review – you can find out more on the Get reviewed on this website page
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Spain Web Design by Gandy-Draper.
Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.