There are so many versions of this popular Spanish dish… especially as every budding chef adds their own extra twist on the formula. We like ours with a bit of a chilli kick to it. Here is an easy Gazpacho recipe that works for us – let us know how you get on too!
- 2 cloves garlic — chopped or crushed
- ½ small red onion — chopped
- ½ red pepper – chopped and seeds removed
- ½ green pepper – chopped and seeds removed
- 1 good handful of peeled, deseeded and chopped cucumber
- ½ litre of tomato juice
- 1 good glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash of white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- As much tabasco or chopped fresh chillis as you can handle (optional)
You can use fresh tomatoes of course… but remember to remove the skin and seeds first.
Right – that’s the tough bit! Simply place all the ingredients in a food processor… and whizz until liquidised. Then place in the fridge for a minimum of half an hour. The longer you leave it in the fridge – the longer the flavours have to infuse – it’s even better if made the day before… as the flavours have time to infuse.
Serve with plenty of crusty bread, salty butter – and good friends. Just perfect for light lunches in the sunshine.