Elche workshop registration opens this coming Monday September 21 for the social welfare workshops aimed at the general populace of Elche. To register for any of the workshops, you should attend the town hall and take photocopies of your NIE and your passport.
Registration is only open from Monday September 21 to Friday September 25 2015 so don’t miss the window of opportunity.
A list of those who have enrolled successfully will be available for public viewing from October 7 on the notice boards of Social Centres and also on the Social Welfare section of the town hall website.
The workshops begin in earnest from October 19 2015.
Events for the elderly
In addition to the workshops, the social welfare department is also laying on a number of events for the elderly. Such events include:
- Saturday September 19 – La Marina will be buzzing with with food, games and dancing as well as presentations of plaques
- Thursday October 1 – MUPE guided tours from various community centres, leaving at either 10.30am or 11.30am. For more information, contact your nearest community centre
- Thursday October 1 – A special presentation for residents over the age of 100. These older residents will be presented with flowers and there will be a celebration cake
- Thursday October 1 – Gala at CC Bandalix (Bailongo) from 5.30pm. A tribute to older members of the town, with key residents receiving special recognition for personal contributions to the town and notable careers. This will be followed by dancing
- Thursday October 1 to Saturday October 3 – a series of talks and workshops in various social and civic centers in the town and the surrounding rural areas, with issues related to the elderly: Food, healthy living and exercise, new responsibilities (Coexistence and care of grandchildren). Each course and presentation runs from 9.30am to 1pm. Contact your nearest social centre for more detail
- Saturday October 3 – Golden weddings. Any and all marriages celebrating more than 50 years will be honoured. If this applies to you, register with proof of the longevity at the town hall