As Spain loosens its border restrictions, capacity to Tenerife is boosted. More flights and holidays have been added to the popular Canary Island from five UK bases – East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, Glasgow and Manchester Airports.
Additional capacity to Tenerife comes in response to strong demand from families wanting to holiday in their favourite Spanish destinations
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have added additional flights and holidays to Tenerife from five UK bases, on the back of very strong demand from holidaymakers looking to enjoy some sunshine. The announcement comes as the Spanish government relaxes its vaccine requirement for British teenagers and allows them to enter the country with a negative PCR test performed 72 hours prior before arrival.
With travel returning to normality and Spain lifting its travel restrictions for 12-17 year olds, the award-winning airline and UK’s leading operator to the Canaries, including Tenerife, have responded to increased demand from holidaymakers looking to get away by putting on extra capacity to the popular sun destination. Additional services have been added from East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, Glasgow and Manchester Airports from 25th February to 23rd May.
The additional flights represents more than 7,000 extra departing seats on sale and means Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are offering an unrivalled programme of flights and holidays to Tenerife for this winter, the Easter holidays and summer.
After Spain scrapped vaccination certification rules for 12-17 year olds, customers have been flocking to book flights and holidays, demonstrating just how much holidaymakers are looking forward to getting away to their favourite Spanish destinations. This welcome step, along with a series of other positive travel updates, have resulted in the companies seeing strong demand and experiencing enormous growth for the Canary Islands, with Tenerife proving to be amongst the most popular sun destinations for this winter, Easter and summer.
As a result of the extra capacity, customers and independent travel agents now have even greater choice and flexibility when it comes to enjoying or offering a holiday to Tenerife, with the following additional flights being added:
- Edinburgh – extra Tuesday services, which are perfectly timed for the Easter holidays, operating between 15th March and 12th April, means the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries is offering two daily Tuesday services to Tenerife during these dates from the base.
- East Midlands – introduction of additional Sunday services to Tenerife from 6th to 27th March, means two daily Sunday services to the popular sun destination during this time.
- Glasgow – third Friday flight added from 25th February to 8th April, offering lots of choice and flexibility to Tenerife from the base during this time and the Easter holidays.
- Leeds Bradford – extra Sunday services added to Tenerife from 6th March to 17th April, offers customers and independent travel agents two daily Sunday services to the destination between these dates and during the Easter holidays.
- Manchester – addition of extra Monday services from 7th March to 23rd May, means more choice for the Easter holidays, with two daily Monday services to Tenerife operating during these dates from the base. This is on top of further Saturday services being added between 19th March and 16th April, offering four daily Saturday services to the popular sunshine destination from Manchester Airport during this period.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “With Spain scrapping vaccination certification rules for 12-17 year olds and international travel starting to return to normal, families are really jumping at the chance to enjoy a much-needed holiday in Tenerife, and we have seen an increase in bookings. With our huge programme on sale to the Canary Islands, our Winter Sun and Summer Sun programmes are looking busy across the board, with Tenerife in particular proving to be an extremely popular choice of holiday destination.
“In response to strong demand, we have added an even greater choice of flights to Tenerife for the Easter holidays and during winter and summer, giving customers and independent travel agents even more opportunity to enjoy a break away. With customers missing out for two years, we are confident that these extra flights will sell exceptionally well very quickly, as customers make the most of being able to enjoy that famous Spanish sunshine once again.”
Independent travel agents can visit: trade.jet2holidays.com
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Spain Web Design by Gandy-Draper.
Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.