The Junta de Andalucía (Government of Andalucía) is the public institution in which the self-government of the Andalusian autonomous community is politically organized. It manages several public bodies designed to provide services to companies and investors, both local and foreign, interested in investing or establishing themselves in Andalucía, or in the internationalization of their activity.
A newly formed body is ‘‘Andalucía Trade‘, a one-stop shop that streamlines procedures and organizes assistance to companies, investors and entrepreneurs who request it. This public agency dependent on the Junta de Andalucía brings together the four existing public entities that provide support and assistance to the business ecosystem in Andalucía:
- Streamline procedures (reduce bureaucracy) and guarantee the effectiveness, efficiency and transparency of public resources.
- Bring together the activity of support to the business sector to favor the promotion of investments, internationalization, the promotion of R & D, entrepreneurship and self-employment.
- Be a one-stop shop to connect the market, investment and companies with the Andalusian productive elements.
Professionals who require assistance in any of these areas can go to ‘Andalucía Trade’:
– Economic promotion
– Large companies and projects
– Knowledge transfer
– Internationalization and European instruments
– Entrepreneurship and self-employment
Furthermore, attracting foreign investment in Andalucia is structured through programs such as Invest in Andalucía.
Finally, the Chamber of Commerce (there is one in each province) are other public bodies that provide a wide range of services to natural or legal persons, national or foreign, who carry out related commercial, industrial, of services or shipping companies.
Invest in Andalucía
The function of this body is promoting, attracting and consolidating foreign investment in Andalucía. To do this, it facilitates collaboration between foreign investors and Andalusian companies, to whom it advises and provides individualized support throughout the process of implementing the idea or business in Andalucía.
The services that Invest Andalucía provides to foreign investors meet the needs during the three fundamental stages: investment planning; implementation and softlanding; and aftercare, reinvestment and development.
For example, information on the regulation of the sector; search of location for the project; information on business opportunities, grants and funding sources; information on labor, labor costs and taxation; support in administrative procedures, personalized monitoring of the project and advice for its expansion.
Advantages of investing in Andalucía
Multinational companies that invest in Andalucía will find a series of advantages that this region offers over others in Spain or Europe. Among these advantages we highlight its strategic geographical location between Europe and Africa and between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean .
Andalucía is well connected: it has 5 international airports, a high-speed rail network and the main container port in the Mediterranean, in the port of Algeciras.
Andalucía is competitive and innovative. The Andalusian region has a network of parks and technology centers specialized in R & D and more than 1,500 innovative companies.
Finally, the good climate and quality of life of Andalucía are factors that make the difference with other destinations and represent a precious added value. Expatriate professionals value working in a welcoming, safe environment, with high quality of life standards and where they integrate easily.
More information and links:
- This article was originally published on (and kindly donated by) Telework Andalucia. You can see the original article and contact them direct HERE
- Reasons to invest in Andalucía
- Investor support services
- Andalusian Council of Chambers of Commerce of Andalucía