Recently Elle had the pleasure of meeting Andy Durrant. Andy began his full time life in Almeria, Spain in January 2014, and began working for Avalon Funeral Plans the very morning after he landed.
Andy’s passion and drive for the business is very evident. He knows the business inside and out, and is focussed on helping people safeguard their future.
Death and dying is not a subject that many of us are comfortable discussing. However, what is guaranteed is that it will affect us all at some point. Andy offers free help and advice to people concerned about their demise, and that of their loved ones… and can help put safeguards in place so that everything is taken care of when that sad event occurs.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Are you aware of the Spanish funeral system?
- Do you know how complicated, quick and expensive it can be?
- Do you live or spend more than 4 weeks a year living in Spain?
Just knowing that your funeral and any arrangements are taken care of can be a massive weight off your mind – and the plans from Avalon are designed to do exactly that.
Avalon currently have Spain offices in Malága and Alicante. However, the opening of the Almería office is imminent, and thia brings us to “”. Andy is based in Albox and currently covers Murcia and Almeria. However, if you are elsewhere in Spain, or even Portugal, he or one of his colleagues would be happy to come and sit with you for a no obligation chat whenever you like.
Contact Andy today by telephone on +34 634 36 43 23 and remember to mention Spain Buddy
| Avalon provide three funeral plan styles|
Andy advises people free of charge about the Spanish system and its implications. The normal routine would be for him to book you a free, no obligation home visit, which lasts around forty minutes, during which he would discuss with you:
- The Spanish funeral system, its pit falls, excessive costs, rising funeral costs and possible risks.
- A little about Avalon as a company, being the largest funeral plan provider across Europe.
- How a funeral plan works and the various plans available. Dual certification in England and Spain, fixed price for life, Trust fund etc.
- A personal quotation for the cost of a funeral plan based on information provided by yourselves and Payment method options. One off payment for life or spreading the cost with affordable monthly payments over a fixed term.
- Questions and answers from yourselves on any matters not covered.
Mrs Nora Knowles
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff from Avalon involved in organising the funeral of my husband, Mr John Knowles, who sadly passed away on Friday 6th December 2013.
One telephone call was all that was needed. Avalon responded quickly and the whole process in Villajoyosa went extremely smoothly and was very well organised. Everything was carried out with the minimum of fuss by the very understanding and caring staff. Nothing prepares you for the death of a loved one and Avalon have the right approach to lightening the burden of the bereaved. I shall be eternally grateful to Avalon for their sensitive support in my own case and I will do everything I can to make people aware of this. Thank you for all the help and support.
- I lost my husband of 42 years recently and very suddenly! Being in a foreign country I had no idea of how to arrange a funeral, and even less of an idea of who to go to.
Luckily one of the first things we did when we moved to Spain was to take out funeral plans for us both with Avalon. With the unforeseen event of losing my beloved husband so soon, I was so glad that we had Avalon to call on!
Avalon, together with Grupo ASV, made sure that the whole process was as easy as they could possibly make it for me and my family, which at such a difficult and painful time was so comforting.
Nothing was too much trouble for them. I remember asking Carmen what I thought was probably a silly question, but she kindly told me, there are no silly questions, just questions you need answers to! We were not rushed or pushed; we made our own choices from start to finish without any pressure whatsoever.
Above everything else, they were so, so respectful towards my dear dead husband, their caring attitude was outstanding!
All this went some way towards helping us all to come to terms with our loss, hard as it was, and I would sincerely recommend Avalon to anyone who may find themselves in my very sad situation in the future!
Steve & Colleen Askew
- We would like to thank you so very much for taking care of our fathers (John Robert Askew) funeral. It was such a sad time for us all as a family but the professional manner in which everything was undertaken took a great deal of extra stress from us all. Thank you so very much indeed, it was greatly appreciated from the Askew family.
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Spain Web Design by Gandy-Draper.
Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.