Travel photography competition 2016
How would you like to win €500 cash with one of your photographs?
Well you can with our latest photography competition. Having run a pretty successful photography competition last year we’ve decided to do it all over again in the coming months, and you could walk away with a €500 Christmas present.
We love photography, we love looking at your pictures and we want to appeal to a much wider audience than last time. With that in mind this competition is slightly different in form. Read on to find out what has changed…
Last year we insisted that entries must be photographs taken in Spain. This year we’re opening the theme/brief right up. We’re essentially a travel related website, so this year the competition is open to everyone, everywhere… The theme is simply…
Travel photography from anywhere in the world, be that places, people, landscapes, activities, cities…. You name it, we want to see it. Anything from beautiful images of incredible places through to reportage and gritty documentary is welcome, what is important is simply that it’s great photography. We’re hoping to find something special, something mind blowing…
We had many hundreds of great images entered into our previous competition (the winner walked away with a €300 travel voucher) and we want to repeat the success of 2015 again this year. One thing we did learn from last year, being the first time we’ve run a competition such as this, is that it took one hell of a lot of time administering the whole thing, So with that in mind we’re adding a small submission fee to the process. Don’t panic though, it’s not silly money. Just a nominal €2 (approx £1.60 or $2.30) for a single image, or €5 (approx £3.90 or $5.75) to submit up to five entries to cover the prize money and our overheads (we don’t think we are asking a lot). If we can achieve that with your support, this will almost certainly become an annual event that will only get bigger and better in future years!
Judging will be in two rounds.
- The judges will each select a number of images, these selections will make up a shortlist
- The finalists will be named and opened up to a public vote through December to establish the winning image
The contest is now closed to further submissions! Thank you to everyone who has entered.
The small print
- The judges decisions are final
- Entrants must be age eighteen or older
- The closing date for entries if the 30th November 2016
- The cash prize will be paid via Paypal to the winner after the announcement on 2nd January 2017 within seven days (500€ or equivalent if claimed in GBP, USD or other currency available via Paypal, subject to applicable Paypal transfer fees)
- In submitting photographs to the competition, contestants accept that they grant Spain Buddy permission to use them for online use only (credited with the entrant’s name) on our website and for other purposes solely in connection with promotion of the competition. Copyright remains with the owner, and this permission can be withdrawn by request at any time.
- Please keep watermarks discreet.
- A minimum of 1500 pixels along the horizontal.
- Only jpg and jpeg format.
Follow the competition on our Facebook Event page.
by Spain Buddy