Spanish Recipes – Pasta with vanilla and parmesan
A really really simple yet tasty dish, this pasta with vanilla and parmesan recipe is adapted from one by Ferran Adriá, the former chef owner of El Bulli in Spain. If you are able to make your own fresh pasta… then this dish really is even more special – but it works almost as well with dried tagliatelle. Enjoy!
Ingredients (per person)
- 100g pasta. Tagliatelle shape is best as it coats well.
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50g freshly grated parmesan
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil
- Once boiling, add the salt
- Cook your pasta
- Once cooked to your liking, drain it and place into a large bowl
- Mix in the seeds from the vanilla pod and the olive oil
- Arrange in dishes to serve and sprinkle with the grated parmesan
You could of course sprinkle in some finely chopped fresh chilli (Alan likes that) but I think that this delicate dish is just perfect as it is.
For more recipes by Ferran Adriá – we recommend buying “The Family Meal: Home Cooking with Ferran Adriá” by the man himself. The book is in English and a great addition to any kitchen. Click the links below to order yours.
by Elle Draper
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Gandy-Draper. Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, their three bouncing dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.