Spanish Recipe – Plato Alpujarreño
Plato Alpujarreño is a Spanish recipe that has many variations, just as paella does. Almost the Alpujarran version of the British fry-up this one, and so do bookmark this ready for those impending winter evenings. You could of course add grilled tomatoes, and mushrooms fried in butter if you wish. Knock yourself out… just don’t tell anyone if you smother it with HP Sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced (cm thick)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Padrón peppers, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 sausages
- 2 rounds of blood clot black pudding (none for me thank you!!!) or morcillitas, which are small black pudding sausages
- 4 slices of jamón
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- Pop a good glug of olive oil into a frying pan and pop onto a medium heat
- Add the sliced potatoes and onion
- Cook fairly gently for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring regularly
- In the meantime, fire up another pan with a drizzle of olive oil and gently fry the sliced peppers
- Remove the peppers from the oil and set to one side (sprinkle with a little salt), then lob your sausages into that pan and fry as normal
- Add the black pudding rounds to the sausage pan – they’ll probably take bout 5 minutes less than the sausages
- By this time the potatoes should be fairly tender, so turn the heat up on that pan to brown and crisp them up a bit
- Fry your eggs and then bung 1 sausage, 1 egg, 1 blood clot black pudding, the potatoes and the peppers onto plates and serve hot.
Originally posted 2013-09-25 08:00:34.
by Elle Draper
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business - Gandy-Draper. Born a "Norverner", she then spent most of her life "Dann Saff" before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle's loves are Alan, the internet, their three bouncing dogs, good food, and dry white wine - although not necessarily in that order. More about Elle - HERE | Got a news story to share? Click HERE | Want to write for Spain Buddy? Click HERE | Interested in our low cost advertising? Click HERE