Spanish Recipe – Olives Anyone?
If you are anything like me… you’ll always make a beeline for olives at a party. This Spanish recipe features these gems. Love ’em or hate ’em… this is really simple… and will be a hit with your guests.
- Bowlful of olives. Fresh are best… but out of a jar will work too
- 3 or four peeled and thinly sliced garlic cloves
- Couple of small chopped fresh chillies… or half a teaspoon of crushed dried chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- Good glug of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Grated rind of half a lemon
- If there are stones in your olives… just crush them slightly so that people can easily remove them
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
Yes it is that simple.
These are a real favourite of ours… and the ingredients are such that we usually have indoors too… so it’s a really fast and simple snack to whip up if guests drop by for a glass of Vino Collapso on a summery afternoon
Image courtesy of Flickr
by Elle Draper
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business - Gandy-Draper. Born a "Norverner", she then spent most of her life "Dann Saff" before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle's loves are Alan, the internet, their three bouncing dogs, good food, and dry white wine - although not necessarily in that order. More about Elle - HERE | Got a news story to share? Click HERE | Want to write for Spain Buddy? Click HERE | Interested in our low cost advertising? Click HERE