Spanish Recipe – Courgette Fritters
As part of the diet I live at times… I stock up on courgettes (zucchini for our American readers). This Spanish recipe is not a personal favourite, but it does go down well with guests.
- 1 courgette, cut into slices about 4 or 5 mm thick
- 2 heaped tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Olive oil for pan frying (about an inch deep)
- Mix the flour and paprika in a bowl
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl
- Dip the slices of courgette in the flour, making sure they are evenly coated
- Dip them into the egg and then fry
- Fry them in batches so you do not crowd the pan
- Once golden brown, drain on kitchen paper
These are a little claggy if served on their own, but are good with an accompanying dip. Alioli (garlic mayonnaise) is a great accompaniment for these.
by Elle Draper
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Gandy-Draper. Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, their three bouncing dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.