Spain’s Eurovision 2016 entries – part two
Part two of our focus on Spain’s Eurovision 2016 entries. There are six performers in all. This article includes three, and you can see the other three entrants here.
- Real name: Unknown
- Born: 1996
- Intro: Castellón born Maverick is one of the younger hopefuls. He came third in the 2015 edition of La Voz (The Voice).
- Style: Ballads, Latino, R&B and Funk
- Influences: Various
- Entry: Maverick’s song has been written by Juan Magan, Luiggi Olivares and Darling A.Cuevas.
- Details: After his first single Princesa Descalza, an album has followed with new songs, one written by Pausini and others by himself, plus some of his best performances in the TV show. Aged just 5 years old, Maverick performed in the popular children’s singing show Veo Veo.
- Real name: Salvador Beltrán
- Born: 1992
- Intro: Barcelona born Salvador is a seasoned performer, having played the guitar since age 13 before moving on to the piano.
- Style: Rock, reggae, Bossanova and funky pop.
- Infuences: Salvador cites his Andalucian mother as his inspiration. He has also been guided by Flamenco and rates Joan Manual Serrat as a personal favourite.
- Entry: Salvador’s entry has been co-penned by Miguel Ángel Arenas ‘Capi
- Details: Supported by Spanish top star, Alejandro Sanz, he released his first album Change Of Plans in 2012, for which he won Best Newcomer at one of Spain’s main music radio stations, Cadena Dial. Salvador writes his own music which honours his origins while appealing to an international audience. In 2015 he released his second album.
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Official website
- Real Name: Jesús Segovia
- Born: 1989
- Intro: Murcia born Xuso first became interested in music while still at school.
- Style: Pop and R&B
- Influences:Bruno Mars, Rihanna, The Wanted, Michael Jackson, Usher, Jessie J
- Entry: Xuso’s entry has been co-written by Andreas Öhrn and Peter Boström.
- Details: Xusa is a Graduate of Tourism and is an entrepreneur. He taught himself play both the guitar and the piano by reasearching on the internet. He began adding videos to YouTube in 2009 and had two million views within two years. This led to him shimmying over to Los Angeles where he gained valuable experience before releasing his first album (Oart ) in 2013. He has also penned soundtracks for numerous movies and travelled to write music for artists in China, Mexico and Spain.
by Elle Draper
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business – Gandy-Draper. Born a “Norverner”, she then spent most of her life “Dann Saff” before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle’s loves are Alan, the internet, their three bouncing dogs, good food, and dry white wine – although not necessarily in that order.