Roast Rosemary Almonds with Manchego & Pata Negro
The taste of Spain: rosemary, almonds, Manchego cheese and Pata Negro. What’s not to love? This recipe is so fast and easy to make, and can be whipped up in less than half an hour, including the cooking time.
You can see Donal creating this dish and the others featured on Spain Buddy today in video form HERE.
Ingredients (Serves four)
- 250g almonds
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Wedges of Manchego and slices Pata Negro to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200˚c.
- Place the almonds in a large roasting tin and drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, smoked paprika and sea salt and toss to coat.
- Place in the oven to roast for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to serving glasses on boards with the cheese and ham slices.
You can view various city guides on the Insider City Guide on the Times website also.
Donal Skehan is a food writer, photographer, and TV presenter from Dublin whose passion for food is always abundant. A judge on Junior Masterchef in Ireland and a familiar face on RTE, Donal's rapid fire wit and friendly demeanour has made him a TV favourite already. His latest series, Follow Donal, sees him exploring European cities - meeting food enthusiasts and chefs and sharing his travel highlights with the viewing audience.