Charity Raft Race – June 19 2016
The Kon Tiki Charity Raft Race is being repeated again this year and will take place on June 19 2016. Entrants are to meet on Playa de la Mar Serena in San Juan de los Terreros at noon.
The events is organised by, and to raise money for San Animal Santuario, a well-known and hardworking charity that helps cats and dogs in the area. It is also held in conjunction of the Pulpi town hall.
RULES and REGULATIONS
- RAFTS MAY HAVE A CREW OF 2, 3 OR 4 MEMBERS
- ONLY RE-CYCLABLE, NON-MARITIME MATERIALS MAY BE USED IN CONSTRUCTING THE RAFT.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE CAPABLE SWIMMERS
- THERE WILL BE A JUNIOR EVENT FOR AGES 12 -16 YEARS AND A SENIOR EVENT FOR 17 YEARS AND OVER
- RAFTS MAY BE NO GREATER THAN 2 X 4M IN SIZE
- AFTER THE EVENT PLEASE TAKE YOUR RAFT AWAY
- NO PHYSICAL CONTACT BETWEEN PARTICIPANTS IS ALLOWED
- PRIZES AWARDED TO WINNING TEAMS AND ALSO MOST ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION.
by Elle Draper
Elle, along with Alan, is the owner of Spain Buddy and the busy web design business - Gandy-Draper. Born a "Norverner", she then spent most of her life "Dann Saff" before moving to Spain in 2006. Elle's loves are Alan, the internet, their three bouncing dogs, good food, and dry white wine - although not necessarily in that order. More about Elle - HERE | Got a news story to share? Click HERE | Want to write for Spain Buddy? Click HERE | Interested in our low cost advertising? Click HERE